Loading...
News - South West - Ogun Updated: April 01, 2024

Teenager electrocuted in Ogun Housing Estate - Police

By Philip Adeboye
April 01, 2024
Loading...

Tragedy struck at Olomore Housing Estate, Abeokuta, as a 15-year-old girl named Miracle Ogbonna was  electrocuted by a naked wire from a pumping machine embedded in a wall.

The Ogun state police command's spokesperson, Omolola Odutola, revealed this in a press release shared on the command's official X page. 

Odutola stated that Onyekachi Silas informed the divisional police officer of Lafenwa that his younger brother relayed the incident to him. The teenager, who also happened to be his niece and resided with them, was fetching water at the well during a power outage, which tragically led to the accident.

 “In the process of Miracle fetching water, power was restored by IBEDC,” said Odutola. “Miracle was tragically electrocuted by a naked cable wire of the pumping machine imbedded in the well.”

Loading...

The police spokesperson said the teenager was immediately rushed to the hospital, where the doctor confirmed her dead.

She said the corpse had been deposited at the morgue in Oke Lantoro as the investigation was ongoing.

Odutola added, “No further details yet, about the negligent circumstances of imbedding a naked wire into a well.”

Join our Telegram platform to get news update
Loading...

0 Comment(s)

Loading...

HEADLINE

TRENDING

See this post in...

QUICK LINKS