Aboubakar is now the first Indomitable Lion to score six goals in a single AFCON.
The tournament has shown no team is unbeaten as the most competitive team based on statistics (Super Eagles) were sent packing by COVID-19 depleted team.
Also, Defending champion Algeria and Ghana were also eliminated at the group stage of the competition.
As much as players are fighting for their country, individual accolades are also available and Aboubakar is in pole position to win the golden boot which is currently with Nigerian striker Odion Ighalo.
1. Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon) - 6 goals
2. Toko Ekambi (Cameroon) - 3 goals
- Gabadinho Mhango (Malawi) - 3 goals
- Ibrahima Kone (Mali) - 3 goals
5. Nicholas Pepe (Ivory Coast) - 2 goals
- Ngowet Allevinah (Gabon) - 2 goals
- Musa Barrow (Gambia) - 2 goals
- Jallow (Gambia ) - 2 goals
- Hakimi Achraf (Morocco) - 2 goals
- Sofiane Boufal (Morocco) - 2 goals
- Sadio Mane (Senegal) - 2 goals
- Wahbi Khazri (Tunisia) - 2 goals
- Ahmed Mogni (Comoros) - 2 goals