Real Madrid shot-stopper Thibaut Courtois has been announced the winner of the Yachine award 2022 at the ongoing Ballon d'Or ceremony on Monday.
Courtois led Real Madrid to a La Liga and Champions League double in the 2021-22 season and was crucial for their win against Liverpool in the final in Paris.
Looking at the several names he beat to claim the trophy for himself, it was a really incredible feat -- names like Manuel Neuer, Alisson Becker and Edouard Mendy.
He is the first Real Madrid goalkeeper to win the accolade.
Yachine Trophy 2022 Ranking:
1. Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid, Belgium)
2. Alisson Becker (Liverpool, Brazil)
3. Ederson Moraes (Manchester City, Brazil)
4. Edouard Mendy (Chelsea, Senegal)
5. Mike Maignan (AC Milan, France)
6. Kevin Trapp (Frankfurt, Germany)
7. Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich, Germany)
8. Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid, Slovenia)
9. Yassine Bounou (Sevilla, Morocco)
10. Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur, France)