EPL leaders Everton will be without playmaker James Rodriguez for Sunday's away game with Newcastle as the club manager, Carlo Ancelotti confirms.
The 29-year-old Colombian international played in last weekend's loss to Southampton despite being a doubt beforehand.
Ancelotti's team lead city rivals and champions Liverpool on goal difference confirmed during his pre-match press conference that James would be rested for the weekend.
Everton will also be without suspended duo Richarlison and Lucas Digne.
? | No James Rodriguez or Seamus Coleman, as well as the suspended Richarlison and Lucas Digne, for the trip to @NUFC.— Everton (@Everton) October 30, 2020
Jonjoe Kenny and Jarrad Branthwaite are back available. #NEWEVE
Watch live: https://t.co/kdYxKejM5M pic.twitter.com/qk4IybGQwo
"He has played all the games, he had a little problem so he needs to rest for this game and he will be available for the next game," said Ancelotti.
Ancelotti, like many of his fellow Premier League managers, is increasingly concerned by the toll the packed schedule is taking on their players.
The 61-year-old Italian has seen a report which has been compiled about the rate of injuries this season.
Newcastle manager Steve Bruce said earlier on Friday that 42 percent of the injuries are soft-tissue problems, adding it was "a big stat".
"Yeah, I saw the report," said Ancelotti.
"It has been a really, really busy schedule, but after the international break we only have one game a week so it's not so bad for us."