A fire outbreak razed the female students' hostel of the Ekehuan campus of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) on Tuesday.
According to reports, the inferno destroyed some documents and property at the university.
Speaking to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), a source said there were no casualties from the occurrence which started on Tuesday afternoon.
While an account said the cause of the fire could not be ascertained, another source said it was ignited by a surge from an electric cooker, popularly known as ‘hot plate’, that was being used by a female student.
The sources added men from the state's fire service were called and men from the service came on ground to quench the fire.
The Public Relations Officer of the University, Dr Benedicta Ehanire, declined to comment when contacted.
Academy Press Plc established in 1965 provides general commercial, security, and...LEARN MORE
Nigerian Aviation Handling founded in December 1979, as Nigerian Aviation Handli...LEARN MORE