The only spoken word poet in the second season of the De9jaSpirit Talent Hunt (DTH), Ibquake, is an energetic and eccentric artiste whose performances have been described by the judges of the show as enjoyable, captivating, and thought provoking.
Ibquake is known for speaking on relevant and relatable subjects such as real-life experiences with the use of play on words including the names of popular people, brands, and movies among others.
Below are six facts you didn't know about Ibquake:
1. Ibquake, real name Ibukun was born on August 31, 2000.
2. The 22-year-old aspiring spoken word artiste grew up without a father or a father figure; an ordeal which she described as crazy but strengthening.
3. Ibquake has been into spoken word poetry for about eight years. She revealed this to the judges on the DTH show when questioned due to her sharpened skill.
4. Ibquake is an ambassador of Guinness Nigeria alongside the likes of BBNaija's Nnegi Hampson, singer Fireboy DML, and actress Beverly Naya, among others.
5. The artiste has showcased her craft via known brands Guinness Nigeria, Television Continental, Stanbic IBTC, Access Bank, Ecobank Nigeria, and The Tribe Lagos.
6. Her unique skill has brought her in contact with renowned personalities such as Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka; Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu; CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele; Ecobank Chairman Bola Adesola; and Global Head of Guinness, Mark Sandys.
Kunle Remi stars as Saro, a young man who arrives in a village to earn a living. His weakness lands him in trouble and changes the course of...