• Business - Entrepreneurship
  • Updated: April 10, 2023

Kano: Marketers Express Concern Over Importation Of Bad Apples

Apple marketers in Kano State have shown concern over the importation of bad apples into the country by some accredited importers.

Alhaji Ado Yusuf, the leader of apple marketers in Kano who spoke with Daily Trust on behalf of the marketers disclosed that the marketers have noticed that since 2017, importers of apples into the country have been bringing in bad ones to the detriment of consumers and business operators.

According to him, out of 100% imported apples, over 80% are from South Africa, with the remaining 20% coming from Turkey and Italy, but he noted that the bad fruits usually come from South Africa.

“We have the names of these companies that have flooded our markets with bad apple fruits because the bulk supply of apples to Nigeria is from South Africa.

“As operators of the business, I can attest to you that apple marketers have stopped receiving good supply since 2017.

“Our major concern is that many of us will soon be pushed out of business, and the users stand to face possible health challenges,” he said.

He also added that they have begun to address the situation at their own level, stressing that they have involved relevant authorities in addressing the situation to save lives and their business.

Related Topics

Join our Telegram platform to get news update Join Now
Felicia Abisola  Olamiji
Felicia Abisola Olamiji

  A graduate of English Language from Olabisi Onabanjo University, passionate about learning new...

More From this Author


nascon allied industries plc Consumer Goods

Nascon Allied Industries Plc was established in 1973, NASCON Allied Industries P...

dangote sugar refinery plc Consumer Goods

Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc was founded in 1999 by Mr Aliko Dangote and commenced...

bua foods Consumer Goods


0 Comment(s)


See this post in...