The Kano State Fire Service said it recorded 258 fire incidents in three months in different parts of the state.
The Director of the service, Hassan Muhammed, disclosed this on Tuesday in Kano.
He said places where the incidents were recorded in companies, homes, shops, filling stations, markets, poultry farms, and motor vehicles among others.
“Most of the fire incidents were caused by misuse of electrical appliances, overload of electrical outlets, plugging too many things into one outlet and use of fake and substandard electric cables,’’ he said.
Muhammed advised the general public to desist from storing petroleum products at home, refuelling the generator while it is on, and repairing faulty gas cylinders at home.
The director also urged residents to always turn off gas burners and cylinders after use, as well as desist from placing mosquito coils close to the kitchen to avert fire outbreaks.
Arbico plc is a building and civil engineering contracting company, established ...LEARN MORE