The Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge earlier scheduled to resume on April 17 has been suspended.
This was disclosed on Friday night via a statement by the Managing Director of Lekki Concession Company (LCC) Yomi Omomuwasan.
Omomuwasan said the company decided to delay the resumption of toll collection for further consultations with key stakeholders in the Eti-Osa, Lekki area.
In the statement titled, “LCC Shift Resumption Date Of Toll Collection At The Ikoyi Link Bridge Toll Plaza. New Date To Be Announced Soon”, Omomuwasan said the decision to postpone the toll was taken in a bid to address concerns and arrive at a mutually favourable resolution of all issues.
“As a responsible organization, we must take full cognizance of everyone within the axis. Therefore, we want to continue with the ongoing engagements with our stakeholders,” Omomuwasan said.
“The preparatory operations to resume tolling on the Bridge have been smooth so far, and we are grateful to all the key stakeholders for their cooperation. The planned commencement of toll collection has now been postponed, allowing more of our customers to register for the electronic toll devices to enable seamless passages at the toll plaza.”
Tolling has been suspended since 2020 in the aftermath of the #EndSARS protest which climaxed into the destruction of tolling facilities in the two Plazas and the spontaneous attacks on government facilities across the state.