Would you like to receive notifications for Breaking news and updates?
As the Nigerian government keeps on with the N-Power programme, Nneka Ikem, the Special Assistant, Media and Publicity to Sadiya Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development on Wednesday said that 126,937 exited beneficiaries from Batches A and B have so far submitted their records for the Central bank of Nigeria (CBN) Empowerment program, AllNews reports.
Ikem gave this update on her known Twitter handle.
@npower_ng update: Hello exited Batches A & B beneficiaries. We can confirm that a total of 126,937 beneficiaries have successfully submitted their records for the @cenbank Empowerment Options. Let’s know the challenges faced by the rest who haven’t succeeded yet. Share with us..— Nneka Ikem (@nnekaikem1) December 30, 2020
“The CBN in collaboration with of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs has developed a portal to enable exited N-Power beneficiaries to log on and apply for the various CBN economic empowerment and entrepreneurship options such as the AGSMEIS loan and the Anchor Borrowers Program (ABP)," Minister Farouq had said.
“Interested N-Power exited beneficiaries should log on to the CBN portal for more information. The website portal is http://nexit-fmhds.cbn.gov.ng.”
The famed N-Power Programme was inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016 under the National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) with the mandate of lifting citizens out of poverty through capacity building, investment, and direct support.
The erstwhile beneficiaries from Batches A and B were transited on July 31, 2020, with plans already in place to convey them into entrepreneurship.
The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development had announced the commencement of enrolment for a new batch of N-Power beneficiaries (Batch C).