• Crime
  • Updated: May 23, 2024

Ondo: Police arrest three for killing of commercial driver

Ondo: Police arrest three for killing of commercial driver

The Ondo State Police Command detained three private security guards on Thursday for allegedly killing driver Adewale Olowolafe in Akure, the state capital.

The accused were reported to have hacked the dead to death after he was struck with an iron rod during a scuffle.

An eyewitness who requested anonymity claimed that the accused assaulted the dead with an iron rod during a struggle.

The eyewitness indicated that the victim died on the scene, and the mastermind of the killing was a female who had also been apprehended by the police.

“The deceased is from Ijare. He is a driver and was killed by some private security guards along Ijare Road. The boy was hacked to death by the guards for no justifiable reason.

“The guy was equally hit with hot iron and sticks. The killing was masterminded by a woman. The deceased was going about his normal daily activities when the attackers pounced on him."

Confirming the occurrence, Funmilayo Odunlami-Omisanya, the state's police spokeswoman, announced that the case had been sent to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) for further investigation.

"Three persons have been arrested, and the matter has been transferred to the SCID for further investigation."

Meanwhile, there was a commotion in an Ondo State High Court as an unidentified septuagenarian slumped and died on Wednesday.

The High Court was in session in Oka, Ondo and the incident occurred before the court proceedings had begun.

Witnesses reported that the deceased was present to testify as a witness in a case involving his friend.

A court staff, speaking anonymously, said that the septuagenarian collapsed suddenly without any apparent interaction or collision with anyone or anything.

He shared: “The man was in court with his friend and suddenly, he stood up where he was seated and fell, hitting his head on the tiles and he passed on.

“He didn’t look like someone who was sick and he did not collide with anything or anybody that we may say is the cause of his death.”

Another witness, Tunde Ariyo, said policemen from the Enu-Owa police division were called in to take the deceased to the mortuary.

Police sources at the Enu-Owa Police Division confirmed the incident and said the case has been transferred to the homicide section of the police headquarters in Akure.

Related Topics

Join our Telegram platform to get news update Join Now

0 Comment(s)

See this post in...


We have selected third parties to use cookies for technical purposes as specified in the Cookie Policy. Use the “Accept All” button to consent or “Customize” button to set your cookie tracking settings