×
  • Sports - Boxing - Gossips
  • Updated: June 16, 2023

Sexual Assault: Police Begin Probe On Conor McGregor

Sexual Assault: Police Begin Probe On Conor McGregor

An investigation has been opened by the Miami Police Department (MPD) following the accusation that UFC fighter Conor McGregor sexually assaulted a woman after an NBA Finals basketball game in Miami earlier this month.

A police spokesman confimed on Friday that the investigation is being conducted by the Special Victims Unit of the MPD.

"MPD’s Special Victims Unit is investigating a report that was filed Sunday, June 11, 2023," said the spokesman.

"This is an open investigation so no additional information can be released at this time."

A legal letter outlining allegations was sent to McGregor, alleging that the accuser was 'forced' into a men's bathroom at Kaseya Center by security guards from the NBA and Miami Heat before being violently sexually assaulted by the UFC fighter.

The letter also claimed the woman was able to free herself from the bathroom, but left behind her purse, which she is said to have retrieved after pleading with security guards.

"Mr McGregor, aided and abetted by the NBA and Miami Heat Kaseya security, had the victim physically forced via security into the men’s bathroom, separating her from her friend and trapping her inside with Mr McGregor and his security guard," the accuser's letter read inter alia.

However, when a video obtained by TMZ was released, the claimant represented by Ariel Mitchell changed her story.

In her updated statement, Mitchell claimed that her client thought she was being led out of the venue to go to the Four Seasons, where he was staying. 

"My client was under the belief they were leaving and going to the Four Seasons Hotel, as Conor had previously asked her to join him at his hotel room," Mitchell said.

Reacting, McGregor's lawyer Barbara R. Llanes described the allegations as "false" and insisted that his client will not be "intimidated."

Llanes also claimed that the reason Mitchell and her client changed the narrative was because McGregor didn't need to the demand for money made by claimant’s counsel.

'The claimant’s lawyer now has changed her story," McGregor's attorney said in a statement. 

"Mr McGregor welcomes the investigation, which he firmly believes will show the claims against him are false. 

'After not responding to the demand for money made by claimant’s counsel, she turned to the media to apply pressure. 

'This is no more than a shakedown."

Related Topics

Join our Telegram platform to get news update Join Now

0 Comment(s)

See this post in...

Notice

We have selected third parties to use cookies for technical purposes as specified in the Cookie Policy. Use the “Accept All” button to consent or “Customize” button to set your cookie tracking settings