The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) has said that the 1,700 remaining Nigerians in Sudan will be evacuated soon.
The disclosure was made on Saturday by the Head of Media, Public Relations and Protocols Unit, NiDCOM, Abdur-Rahman Balogun.
According to Balogun, the evacuation process was part of the highlights of the multi-agency briefing at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport on Friday.
He said that at the briefing, it was revealed that the next batch of returnees was expected by flight in “another 12 hours or less, all things being equal”.
Balogun further assured that all issues relating to the delay of other flights had been resolved and cleared diplomatically.
He added that the previous flight came aboard Tarco Airline flight B7B3/300 with 128 females and two males.
“Max Air with a capacity of 540 PAX, AZMAN Air with 400 PAX and C130 are on the ground to evacuate others, while Tarco promised to make two more trips as well as Air Peace on standby”, he shared.
He disclosed the evacuees would liaise with the Federal Ministry of Education so that their studies would continue in Nigeria.