The United Kingdom has disclosed that it has a list of names of those it plans to slam with its visa ban over their engagement or incitement of violence during the 2023 general elections.
The latest development comes after the British High Commission revealed last week that it would take action against those found culpable in the aforementioned acts.
Providing an update on Sunday, the Deputy High Commissioner to Nigeria, Ben Llewellyn-Jones, stated that they were already working through a list and added that the names would not be published.
While adding that they were gathering relevant information, he said that they currently have between five to ten names on the list.
“We’re working through a list and we don’t publish those names.
“I know people say we should but you know we have laws that protect. But we do have a list.
“We said that we would do this and we will do this.
“And, you know, we’re gathering the kind of information that would enable us to do this around specific individuals.
“You know, we watched very closely. I was in Lagos the whole time.
“We had people on the ground in key places. We won’t publish the names. We don’t do that. We can’t do that.
“We have between five and 10 names on its list already, it is a growing list“, Llewellyn-Jones shared.