While WhatsApp is used for sending messages, videos, calling and keeping in touch with business associates or customers, not many know that the platform can be used to share location which is especially helpful when traveling.
You can let your friend know where you are, or if you are a business owner who is trying to direct customers to your shop.
By using the live location feature, you can share your current or nearby location. The feature is useful to keep track of the location of a friend or family member any time of the day and/or a customer.
Not so many people know about these features which could have helped save the lives of many kidnap victims and rape victims in Nigeria.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
2. Tap on "Chats," if not already selected.
3. Tap on the group or person that you want to share your location with.
4. Tap on the paperclip icon at the bottom of the screen.
5. Tap on the Location icon.
6. This will bring up a map with a pin showing you your current location.
7. Tap Send Your Current Location if you are happy with the placement.
8. You can also choose from various other nearby locations if you think that the GPS is a bit off.
9. Once this is done, your location will be sent as a message to your WhatsApp contact where if they tap on it, it will bring up a map with your location.
If you want to share your location on WhatsApp but you don’t think that you’ll be sticking around that spot for long, sharing your live location will give the other person a constantly updated location of where you are as you move.